Students in King County schools who want to take on a project to prevent waste of resources, recycle as much as possible, protect green spaces, and other actions for the environment can form a Green Team. Funding and other assistance are available to complete these projects.
Are students at your school willing to take on projects to help the environment become a cleaner, greener place? If so, register to become a King County Green Team.
- Get details about forming a team in the Green Team brochure (PDF, 423 K) or contact a Green Team specialist at 206-583-0655 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get a Green Team welcome packet.
- Fund your project with a Green Team mini-grant (PDF, 175 K).
- Download a Green Team Pledge Poster (PDF, 61 K) and Membership Cards (PDF, 126 K).
Green Teams can earn recognition for their actions.
- Get a certificate of achievement when you complete a new classroom activity to reduce waste, improve recycling, or protect habitat.
- Get a certificate of achievement, plus prizes such as water bottles or pens made from recycled plastic when your team completes a new school-wide activity or two new classroom or grade-level activities.
- Be featured on this blog!
For resources on activities to green your school, go to the Waste Reduction and Recycling section of the King County Green Schools documents page.